Only accept an invitation if you know the sender and want them in your network.
Accept invitations when:
- You want to stay in touch with the inviter
- You know and trust their judgment and expertise
- Youâ€™ve worked with them and would recommend them
- They know your work and can represent your potential
Do not accept invitations when:
- You donâ€™t know the sender well (consider replying or deciding later)
- If you donâ€™t know the sender at all, click on the â€œI donâ€™t knowâ€ button or â€œReport as Spamâ€
Reporting as Spam:
When you select â€œReport as Spamâ€ on an invitation, the sender will be blocked from inviting you again, and their invitations will be reviewed to make sure the User Agreement has not been violated.
For a great article on filling out your Linkedin profile, see Maisha Walker’s article on Inc.com.