How to set up a #GivingTuesday campaign in 5 minutes
What is a micro-donation campaign? This is a donation campaign for your nonprofit where you are seeking small donation amounts. This is a great way to reach new donors.
Here are 3 ideas for a micro-donation campaign for your nonprofit that you can set up today.
- This is a great idea to try for a day of giving promotion like #GivingTuesday.
- Do you have a specific project that appeals to the younger, more mobile-savvy generation that you will hopefully reach with a modern online campaign? Or you can offset an unexpected expense, especially if this expense is a result of your nonprofitâ€™s success with their mission.
- Itâ€™s also a great complement to your traditional end of year snail mail appeal and gives your current donors another way of giving.
The keys to choosing a micro-donation platform:
- Easy set up â€“ it should only take a few minutes to set up the campaign
- Ease of use for the donor â€“ we want fast and easy
- Integration â€“ it should be integrated into your email marketing platform so your new donors will be added to your email list
- Mobile-friendly â€“ you need to reach your prospects where they are and they are on their phones
- Shareable â€“ integration with social media is key to extending your reach and finding new donors. Supporting nonprofits make us feel good and we want to share that feeling with the world (and pat ourselves on the back at the same time).
It should be no surprise that I recommend Constant Contactâ€™s Donation Campaign for this purpose. Watch this video to see how easy it is for me to set up a campaign in my demo account. Hint: it only takes 5 minutes.
Tips for setting up the Donation Campaign:
- Upload a campaign image that includes some text. The platform gives the image a lot of real estate onscreen so I recommend adding some enticing text to the image. Remember to include all the pertinent text in the text block as well.
- Send the email to a test list of your staff to activate the campaign and use the short link to promote the mobile-friendly landing page on social media.
- Create a separate email campaign (using a mobile-friendly template) and link the Donate button to the short link of the donation campaign landing page.
Want a script to get you started on your first email? Download my One Page Checklist and Boilerplate Text for Your First Email.